Join the search for hidden runes in and around Waters End. The ancient rune language known as Eldar Futhark has been used by witches and wizards for hundreds of years. Each rune is a letter in an alphabet that can be used to spell words. But every rune also has a special meaning when used alone.
Get ready for the Rune Hunting Event.
Take the first rune course: Ancient Runes 101. Learn what runes look like. Learn how to match runes to letters in the Roman alphabet. Learn how to read and write a message with runes.LEARN RUNES
In the Rune Hunting Event, students will search the parks and common areas of Waters End for hidden runes. They will find and translate each rune and then mark them on a map. Students who find all the runes will earn a prize.
All participants must wear face masks and observer social distancing during the event.
- Scavenger hunt in the parks and common areas of Waters End
- Search for hidden runes among trees, bushes, rocks, and walls
- Find and translate each rune to learn its secret messages
- Copy each rune onto a map to note its location
- Students who find all of the hidden runes receive a prize: a silver rune charm
- Meet at Seashell Park at 10:00 AM on Saturday April 3.
- Pick up a an official Waters End Academy map of Waters End.
- Pick up a Rune Decoder sheet.
- See a sample rune so you know what to look for during your search.
- Hunt for runes.
- Return to Seashell Park at 3:00 PM to turn-in your map.
- Receive prize for finding all the runes.