Waters End Academy will celebrate the Halloween season with an outdoor movie event on Saturday October 9. The movie will be Hocus Pocus. It is the story of three Salem witches who return from the dead to stir things up on Halloween.
The event will take place in the backyard of the Headmaster in Waters End. The movie will be digitally projected in HD on a 120 inch screen. The movie is approximately 1.5 hours long. It is rated PG and is suitable for children of all ages.
The movie will start at sundown, approximately 6:00 PM. Students should arrive at the Headmaster’s residence at least 15 minutes before the starting time and enter via the side gate. Students should bring blankets to keep warm.
- Students will enjoy a movie, Hocus Pocus.
- A large rug will be placed in front of the screen to allow students to spread out.
- Limited seating in patio chairs will be available for parents behind the rug area.
- Popcorn will be served after students are seated.
- Faculty members will escort students home after the movie ends.
This event is possible thanks to the faculty being vaccinated against Covid-19. Hosting the event outdoors reduces the risk of transmission between students and to adults, but does not eliminate it. Therefore, all students should wear face masks to the event and practice social distancing. Once everyone is seated in a socially distanced manner and everyone has settled down, masks may be removed to allow students to enjoy popcorn.