Join Waters End Academy’s annual Spooky Walk, a guided adventure in and around the creepiest parts of Waters End. Local Witches and Wizards know that Supernatural activity is always at its greatest around Halloween. This year’s adventure happens near a full moon so it will be extra spooky. In addition to triggering the transition of Werewolves, the full moon is a favorite time for Witches to cast spells and Vampires to search for prey.
The Spooky Walk is a guided walk after dark around the parks, paths, and common areas of Waters End in search of creatures of the night. The walk includes an introduction to the haunted history of Carlsbad and supernatural creatures such as Wicked Witches, Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies. Descriptions of scary creatures include their weaknesses to help children overcome their fear of them.
Participants in the Spooky Walk will search for clues to supernatural activity, uncover hidden talismans, and confront creatures of the night.
Students should meet at Seashell Park at 6:30 PM. The walk will begin as soon as the sun has set and the group has gathered.
Participants are encouraged to bring:
- Black or Dark Clothing
- Witch or Wizard Hats (optional)
- Witch or Wizard Capes or Cloaks (optional)
- Wand (optional)
- Flashlight (recommended)
- Cross or Rosary (protection against Vampires)
- Salt (protection against Vampires, Werewolves, and Wicked Witches)
- Monster Charms (Werewolf and Vampire charms are available as part of a craft activity at Waters End Academy.)
The event will last approximately one hour. It will be guided by adult chaperones. The event will include encounters with creatures of the night including Vampires, Werewolves, or Zombies. Parents should expect children to be scared and even scream – but mostly in surprise. Parents are invited to follow along behind the main group of children. The walk will set out from Seashell Park and return there after the walk. Unaccompanied students will be escorted home after the event by adult chaperones if necessary.
- Guided walk through the parks, paths, and common areas of Waters End in search of creatures of the night
- Walking discussion on the history, nature, and defenses related to creatures of the night
- Encounters with Vampires, Werewolves, Wicked Witches, or Zombies